5th Annual PA Girls' High School Wrestling
- Sponsor: Lancaster Mat Club
- Place: J.P. McCaskey H.S., 445 Reservoir St., Lancaster,
- Date: Saturday, February 1, 2003
- Weight Classes: 100, 107, 114, 122, 130, 139, 149, 160, 235
- Weigh Ins: Friday, January 31, 2003. 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 1, 2003. 7:00-9:00 a.m.
- Wrestling Starts: 11:00 a.m., Saturday, February 1, 2003.
- Rules: All PIAA rules will be used, with the exception of
Hair must be pulled back (pony tail, braid, etc.) or hair netting
- Length of Matches: Championship Bracket 2-2-2, OT 1, :30
- Consolation Bracket 1-2-2, OT 1, :30 Tie
- Eligibility: All girls in 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades
attending school in PA.
- (You DO NOT have to be a member of a boys' team!) All
participants must be current members of USA Wrestling.
Many local clubs can provide membership. Memberships will be
available at the weigh-ins for $30. USAW cards will be required.
- Uniforms: Headgear & Singlets are required. T-shirts may
be worn under a
- boys' singlet, however, girls' singlets are recommended.
(Check with your school to see if you can wear their uniform.)
- Awards: Medals will be awarded to the top 4 finishers in each
- Trophies will be awarded to the "Outstanding Wrestler" and to
the wrestler recording the "Most Falls in the Least Amount of
Time"&emdash;(Championship bracket only). The tournament will be
double elimination format. Weight classes with fewer than 4
wrestlers will be "round robin" format.
- *Notice: In an effort to give everyone the opportunity to
- tournament organizers reserve the right to combine weight
classes in the event of any weight class having only one
- Entry Fee: $12 if received postmarked by January 25, 2003.
- $15 at weigh ins.
- Make Checks Payable To: Lancaster Mat Club
- Mail Entry To: Jonathan Mitchell
- 317 Pearl St.
- Lancaster, PA 17603
- Spectator Admission Fee: $4 for all adults. (Free for
coaches w/ USAW coach's card) $2 for students.
- Children under 5 admitted free.
- Directions To J.P. McCaskey H.S.:
- From Points East: PA Turnpike, I 76 West (Toward
Pittsburgh). Exit 21.
- Rt. 222 South (Toward Lancaster). Rt. 30 East Toward
Coatesville. Follow Directions from Rt. 30 below.
- From Points West: PA Turnpike, I 76 East (Toward
Philladelphia). Exit 19.
- Rt. 283 East (Toward Lancaster). Rt. 30 East (283 becomes Rt.
- Follow Directions from Rt. 30 below.
- From Points North: I 81 South (Toward Harrisburg). Rt. 72
- Lebanon). Follow signs for 72 South through Lebanon (Toward
Lancaster). Rt. 30 East. Follow direction from Rt. 30 below.
- From Points South: I 83 North (Toward Harrisburg). PA
Turnpike, I 76 East
- (Toward Philladelphia). Exit 19.Rt. 283 East (Toward
Lancaster). Rt. 30 East (283 becomes Rt. 30). Follow Directions
from Rt. 30 below.
- From Rt. 30 East: New Holland Ave. Exit (NOT New Holland
- left at fourth traffic light (Franklin St.). Left after
train tracks, onto Reservoir Street. Gymnasium is behind J.P.
McCaskey. Follow Tornado Alley behind school.
- Hotels: Eden Resort Inn (717) 569-6444
- Holiday Inn (Greenfield) (717) 299-2551
- Holiday Inn (Lititz Pike) (717) 393-0771
- Howard Johnson's (717) 397-7781
- Lancaster Host Resort (717) 299-5500
- Quality Inn (717) 569-0477
- Super 8 (717) 393-8888
- For More Information Contact: Jonathan Mitchell
- Home: (717) 481-8615
- Work: (717) 291-6183
- OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
- PA Girls' High School Wrestling Championship
- Saturday, February 1, 2003
- Last First Middle Initial
- Street Address:_______________________________________________
- City:____________________________, PA
- Current Grade:___________________ Approximate Weight:_______
- High School
- Send Entry Form and Check for $12 to:
Make Checks Payable To: Lancaster Mat Club
- Jonathan Mitchell
- 317 Pearl St.
- Lancaster, PA 17603
- Release and Indemnification Agreement: For good and valuable
consideration, including the undersigned participation in the
above event sponsored by the Lancaster Mat Club and held at J.P.
McCaskey High School in Lancaster, PA, the undersigned participant
for herself, her successors, heirs, assigns, executors,
administrators, legal representatives, employees, agents, and
affiliates, forever releases and discharges the Lancaster Mat Club
and the School District of Lancaster, as well as each of their
officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates, from all
claims, demands, losses, costs, expenses, suits, damages,
obligations, liabilities, causes of actions and judgements
whatsoever, in law or in equity, which the participant has, had,
or ever will have, by reason of any matter, cause or thing
whatsoever arising out of participants' participation or
involvement in this event. The participant agrees to and does
hereby assume any an all risks of personal injury (including, but
not limited to, sprains, strains, fractures, paralysis, or death)
to the participant, whatsoever, and damages to the participants
property, caused by or arising out of participants involvement in
- Participant's Signature:____________________________________
- Parent/Guardian's Signature:________________________________